Viberi Organic Blackcurrants
True to our reputation for being the food bowl of NZ, the temperatures of South Canterbury are perfect for growing blackcurrants and redcurrants.
Blackcurrants grown here contain some of the highest levels of anthocyanin (a type of antioxidant) in the world. This is due to a combination of our unique mix of high sunlight hours, fertile soils and excellent rainfall.
These guys grow the only significant, commercial, organic crop of blackcurrants in New Zealand and are rightly proud of it. And we're proud to have them!
Their product range includes chocolate coated blackcurrants, freeze dried blackcurrants, and blackcurrant powders. These are super foods that taste amazing, and can be used in heaps of yummy recipes that you'll find on their website.
These amazing currants, grown right here in Timaru District, are exported across the world. You can purchase them online or at selected retailers world wide - including these South Canterbury outlets:
- *Ballantynes, 314 Stafford St, Timaru
- *More 2 You, 1A Sarah St, Timaru
- *New World, 185 King St, Temuka
- *New World, Shop 1, Highfield Mall 145 Wai-iti Rd, Timaru
- *Bin Inn Timaru, 18 Dee St, Timaru
- *Health 2000 Timaru, 270 Stafford St, Timaru
- *EAT Deli Bar, 76 Main St, Fairlie
- *Soul Food Fairlie
- *Geraldine Orchard Farm Shop, 56 Main Rd, Geraldine
- *Pleasant Point Foodmarket, 93 Main Rd, Pleasant Point
- *Arthur Street Kitchen, 8 Arthur St, Timaru
- *Fresh Choice Geraldine, 7 Peel St, Geraldine
- *Pak'n'Save Timaru, Evans St, Timaru